GHCi, version 6.10.1 crashes without message

Chris Smith csmith32 at gmail.com
Tue Jan 13 13:31:14 EST 2009

I reproduced the error on my setup (GHC 6.10.1 on WS2003), and received SEH
exception 0xC00000FD, which is STATUS_STACK_OVERFLOW "A new guard page for
the stack cannot be created". It looks like something is overflowing the OS
stack or improperly bumping the guard page at the end of the allocated stack
(which is used to extend the stack on demand).

I could not get the crash to occur in GHC 6.8.3 via GHCi on the same system.
Instead, evaluation blocks forever with 0% CPU, interruptable with CTRL+C.