ghci debugger :trace command does not always extend trace history

Peter Hercek phercek at
Tue Jan 13 11:16:39 EST 2009

Simon Marlow wrote:
> I agree with most of what you say - there should be a way to get access
> to the history after :trace has finished.  Perhaps the right way is just
> to have a single global trace history.
> Please submit a feature request, with a proposal for the user interface,
> to the GHC bug tracker:

Trace history should not be context/resume specific but global:

Tracing should be controlled by a global flag (it should not be resume
context specific):

If anybody cares about ghci user interface then he/she should comment on
the two tickets since they propose ghci UI changes. I doubt there would
be complains about the first ticket but the second one may be more