Pragma not recognised when wrapped in #ifdef

Brandon S. Allbery KF8NH allbery at
Tue Feb 10 14:52:28 EST 2009

On 2009 Feb 10, at 8:55, Alistair Bayley wrote:
> Perhaps CPP shouldn't be a pragma, just a command-line flag? It seems
> to be the only one that affects/involves preprocessor(s). AFAICT, the
> others all affect the haskell compiler stage.

Or require the CPP pragma to be the first thing in the file,
immediately triggering cpp and a reread.  This means

 > #if 0
 > {-# LANGUAGE CPP #-}
 > #endif

is ambiguous, but I think it could be argued that the programmer has
asked for _|_ and any behavior is acceptable.

brandon s. allbery [solaris,freebsd,perl,pugs,haskell] allbery at
system administrator [openafs,heimdal,too many hats] allbery at