hsc2hs and HsFFI.h

Sigbjorn Finne sof at galois.com
Tue Feb 10 14:02:18 EST 2009

Hi Ian,

it may encompass some of your suggested approaches below, but have
you considered either:

 - add "--print-hsc-options" to the GHC driver, which is akin to
   "--print-libdir". A ghc-installed hsc2hs shell wrapper or as you
   suggest have 'hsc2hs' probe the compiler it is using would then
   build on this.

 - have the GHC driver handle .hsc input by invoking 'hsc2hs' with the
    necessary local context.

I can see the value of not doing the latter (it already handles too many
kinds of input files) and would add to GHC's workload. But thought
I'd put it on the table at least..

Q: is the information that --print-libdir returns available programmatically
to Haskell code?

--sigbjorn