Temporarily overriding Data.Generic

Deniz Dogan deniz.a.m.dogan at gmail.com
Wed Feb 4 18:11:35 EST 2009

Sorry for those who receive this who have already gotten it from haskell-cafe.

---

Hi

I'm currently working on "hacking" Data.Generics for my master thesis.
I'm basically trying to find out whether it can be made any faster
using e.g. rewrite rules. The problem I'm having is that I need an
easy way to import my own modified version of Data.Generics (currently
located in the same directory as my testing program) without
unregistering or hiding syb-0.1.0.0 as base seems to depend on it.

I've read the GHC user manual trying to find nice ways to do this
using a bunch of different parameters to ghc, but I can't figure it
out. Does anyone here know?

Any help appreciated,
Deniz