hsc2hs and base

Simon Marlow marlowsd at gmail.com
Tue Dec 29 16:38:32 EST 2009

On 27/12/09 20:59, Bryan O'Sullivan wrote:
> On Sun, Dec 27, 2009 at 10:55 AM, Bryan O'Sullivan <bos at serpentine.com
> <mailto:bos at serpentine.com>> wrote:
>
>     Is it licit to have source files in base depend on preprocessing by
>     hsc2hs? My suspicion is "no", but I want to be sure.
>
> Never mind, I found a ".hsc" source file in base, so it must be okay
> after all :-)

hsc2hs in base leads to problems with bootstrapping from HC files, so in
the past we've tried to avoid it.  However, there are .hsc files in
other packages that also cause problems, so we really need to solve this
problem another way (probably by processing .hsc files on the target
system when bootstrapping).

Upshot: don't worry about adding more .hsc files to base.