GHC-6.12.1: broken configure

Jens Petersen petersen at haskell.org
Tue Dec 22 07:59:34 EST 2009

2009/12/19 Kirill A. Shutemov <kirill at shutemov.name>:
> I want to build ghc for i586-alt-linux-gnu.

Why? :)

> Why do not use config.guess to guess correct host/target/build
> instead of reinvent wheel?

While I sympathize (I gave up long ago trying to use  host/target/build
with ghc - we use them by default in Fedora) - I guess the short answer
is something like cross-compiling is not supported or the effort
to support host/target/build is more than the win?  But those
are just my assumptions - I leave a real answer to a ghc buildsystem
expert.

If you really want a fix searching trac and opening a ticket would be
more effective probably.