How does forkIO and par interact?

Bulat Ziganshin bulat.ziganshin at gmail.com
Sun Dec 20 08:24:05 EST 2009

Hello Marcus,

Sunday, December 20, 2009, 4:17:26 PM, you wrote:

par adds so-called spark to the queue of calculations to proceed. once
RTS has free thread, this thread starts to calculate the spark. it has
no communication with thread that created the spark. when calculation
is completed, its thunk will be updated with result of calculation (as
usual in lazy calculations). so killing originator thread doesn't
affect all the sparks it has created, it only prevents generation of
new sparks