ANNOUNCE: GHC version 6.12.1

Dave Bayer bayer at
Thu Dec 17 08:12:51 EST 2009

On Dec 14, 2009, at 6:24 AM, Marc Weber wrote:

> You should be able to get some hints by looking at where ghc is installed.

For any install of this sort, I like to record where the changes were made.

Before an install, I execute the shell command

	echo >timestamp

Then I install, then I execute the shell command (OS X 10.6; adapt for other Unix)

	sudo find -x / -newer timestamp -print >snapshot.txt

If I leave scripts "" and "" near my install source, of the form

	# cd to directory of this script
	cd "`echo $0 | sed 's/[^/]*$//'`"

	sudo find -x / -newer timestamp -print >snapshot.txt

then in OS X 10.6 I can drag each script in turn to a terminal window, with the results automatically ending up in their directory.

Editing out the noise, I recorded the following on OS X 10.6 for GHC 6.12.1: