Running GHC 6.10.* on OpenBSD

Matthias Kilian kili at outback.escape.de
Sat Dec 12 04:18:28 EST 2009

On Sat, Dec 12, 2009 at 05:30:44AM +0200, Thanos Tsouanas wrote:
> Up to now I've only used binary versions of GHC, but since
> my operating system's (OpenBSD) version of GHC is
> lagging behind (currently at 6.6.1), I need to update it.
> I tried using my system's ghc-6.6.1 to compile ghc-6.10.4
> but it failed due to haskeline not being installed (and trying
> to install it also failed).

I don't know wether the release tarball contains haskeline, but you
could always download the sources via darcs and use the darcs-all
script from the ghc tree to fetch all necessary libraries.

Here are some scripts I'm using to build all kinds of ghc versions
(6.10, 6.12, head, bootstrapping stuff etc.):

http://darcs.volkswurst.de/build/

You may have to edit the scripts for your purposes.

Or just wait for an update of the port ;-)

Ciao,
	Kili