GHCi can't see 'atexit', can't load module

Maurí­cio CA mauricio.antunes at gmail.com
Wed Aug 26 07:49:04 EDT 2009

 >> I just checked it seems not to be possible to load any module in
 >> GHCi that uses FFI to wrap the standard C function 'atexit'. (...)

 > A simple workaround is to just compile the module. (...)

If I build a package (using cabal etc.) and try to load such
package with 'ghci -package name' the problem persists. But, of course,
there are many workarounds.

Since I don't see this problem with other functions, and I see no
reason for this to happen, I imagine this is a small bug. If it's
not, I'll just remove 'atexit' from packages I have on hackage.

Thanks,
Maurício