Working with GHC HEAD

Bertram Felgenhauer bertram.felgenhauer at googlemail.com
Sun Aug 2 14:32:09 EDT 2009

Antoine Latter wrote:
> I was trying to see what GHC head was like, but I've run into a few
> snags compiling packages.

There's a discrepancy between ghc and ghc-pkg that causes this.
See http://hackage.haskell.org/trac/ghc/ticket/3410

> My existing binary for cabal-install can install quite a few packages,
> but then starts giving me strange errors eventually:

I believe cabal-install goes through ghc-pkg rather than manipulating
the package configuration directly. So this should work in theory.

> - Does anyone have a version of 'network' which builds against GHC
> head? I could bludgeon in the new GHC.IO.FD.FD type myself, but I'd
> thought I'd ask around first.

http://int-e.home.tlink.de/haskell/network-ghc-6.11.dpatch

works for me.

Bertram