Multicore Haskell user experiences

Scott Michel scooter.phd at gmail.com
Wed Apr 29 13:27:59 EDT 2009

[Sorry if this is the wrong place to hold this discussion... I'll move
it if told to do so...]

Simon P-J (et. al.) did recently publish a paper on making the Haskell
runtime more multicore friendly, addressing the GC issue (among many
things.)

More broadly, though, there are two opportunities for multicore
Haskell presentations:

a) An IEEE conference in Pasedena, CA, July 19-21. The major theme is
multicore in space (if you're familiar with OPERA/MAESTRO), but as a
one of the conference-within-a-conference organizers, I'm interested
in multicore programmability. Work on runtime environments, new
language features, good-bad-and-ugly experiences, and "hard technical
topics" are welcome. Looking for one or two presentations for this.

b) Supercomputing '09 in Portland, OR next November. Focus here is
primarily on user experience programming multicore with up-and-coming
languages/environments.

Any suggestions or presentation pitches are welcome.

-scooter