runghc failing sometimes on Linux/ppc?

Jens Petersen petersen at haskell.org
Sat Apr 25 06:17:39 EDT 2009

I am seeing some strange failures of runghc on Linux/ppc (Fedora 11
specifically)
with ghc-6.10.1 and ghc-6.10.2.

For example "cabal install HTTP" works fine but "runghc Setup" failing to run.
A workaround (other than using cabal-install) seems to be to compile
Setup and then
use the output of that to build the package.

More strangely this only happens sometimes in the buildsystem, which makes me
wonder if it is a fedora issue: most packages built ok in the fedora buildsystem
except HTTP and haddock so far.

http://koji.fedoraproject.org/koji/getfile?taskID=1319083&name=build.log
http://koji.fedoraproject.org/koji/getfile?taskID=1320158&name=build.log

On the other hand in a ppc box I tested on runghc seemed to fail consistently.
ghci also segfaulted there.

Anyway I thought I would ask here if anyone else had experienced something
like this.

Jens