ghc-pkg check problem in 6.10.2

Simon Marlow marlowsd at gmail.com
Mon Apr 20 06:58:42 EDT 2009

David Waern wrote:
> 2009/4/2 Simon Marlow <marlowsd at gmail.com>:
>> I just noticed that the new 'ghc-pkg check' feature exposes a silly mistake
>> in the definition of the rts package that we ship with GHC 6.10.2:
>>
>> $ ghc-pkg check
>> There are problems in package rts-1.0:
>>  include-dirs: PAPI_INCLUDE_DIR doesn't exist or isn't a directory

>> To fix it, issue this command:
>>
>>  $ ghc-pkg describe rts | sed 's/PAPI_INCLUDE_DIR//' | ghc-pkg update -
>>
>> and now "ghc-pkg check" should give no errors:
>>
>>  $ ghc-pkg check
>>  $
>>
>> (Except on Windows, where there also seems to be a problem with the Haddock
>> package.  Haddock itself is ok, but the Haddock library has some problems
>> with its registration.)
>
> Oh, which problems?

$ ghc-pkg check
There are problems in package haddock-2.4.2:
   import-dirs:
c:/builds/slave/x86-win-stable/build/ghc-6.10.2\haddock-2.4.2 doesn't exist
or isn't a directory
   library-dirs:
c:/builds/slave/x86-win-stable/build/ghc-6.10.2\haddock-2.4.2 doesn't exist
or isn't a directory
   file Distribution\Haddock.hi is missing
   file Haddock\DocName.hi is missing
   file Haddock\Types.hi is missing
   file Haddock\InterfaceFile.hi is missing
   file Haddock\Exception.hi is missing
   file Haddock\Utils.hi is missing
   file Haddock\GHC\Utils.hi is missing
   cannot find libHShaddock-2.4.2.a on library path

The following packages are broken, either because they have a problem
listed above, or because they depend on a broken package.
haddock-2.4.2

It's not a serious problem since I don't think the Haddock package is used
by anything (is it?).  But we ought to have a clean ghc-pkg check nevertheless.