bug: unstable myThreadId in GHC 6.6.1

Duncan Coutts duncan.coutts at worc.ox.ac.uk
Thu Apr 16 04:50:52 EDT 2009

On Sat, 2009-04-11 at 21:07 +0400, Bulat Ziganshin wrote:
> Hello Bertram,
>
> Saturday, April 11, 2009, 8:09:46 PM, you wrote:
>
> > What does "same thread" mean? I'll risk a guess.
>
> well, that's possible - i'll ask on gtk2hs list too
>
> currently, i believe that mainGUI just runs endless loop processing
> queue of GUI events

You are both right. mainGUI does just run an endless event processing
loop but callbacks for events (like button clicks) are indeed ffi
"wrapper" callbacks and so do get run in a fresh thread.

Your 'guiThread' is blocked in the mainGUI call, so nothing ever happens
in that Haskell thread until the even loop terminates.

Duncan