[Haskell] Re: ANNOUNCE: GHC version 6.10.2

Daniel Fischer daniel.is.fischer at web.de
Sun Apr 5 06:11:05 EDT 2009

Am Sonntag 05 April 2009 10:24:25 schrieb Ashley Yakeley:
> Duncan Coutts wrote:
> > In the mean time you can just:
> >
> > $ cabal install time
>
> Where do I get the "cabal" command? I'm installing GHC on a new machine
> and I was hoping it would be included. I can't obtain it via "cabal
> install cabal-install" because I don't have the cabal command and I
> don't know how to tie the knot in this case.

Download the cabal-install .tar.gz from Hackage, unpack it.
There's a script bootstrap.sh in the directory, run that, it wgets zlib and HTTP and
installs them, after that, it installs cabal-install and you're ready to go.
If you're on windows, there's a cabal binary installer somewhere (should be
findable from the cabal homepage, I believe).