ghc-path

Simon Marlow marlowsd at gmail.com
Tue Sep 30 11:20:59 EDT 2008

Claus Reinke wrote:
>> Thank you all. Everything is great now. It was because (Just ghcPath) was
>> not passed into runGhc, and lack of ghc-path.
>
> btw: is ghc-path going to be part of the ghc release or the haskell
> platform? Currently, I can't see it in either, which
> would be a pity. I thought the idea was to provide it in the
> ghc release, but not install it (since cabal install isn't going to be
> part of the ghc release after all).

I don't think we use ghc-paths in GHC's Haddock now (Ian - correct me if
I'm wrong).  And it's hard to provide ghc-paths with a GHC installation,
because it would have to be built at install-time, or at least
binary-patched.   So I think we decided it was easiest to just let the user
install it with cabal-install later.