Is -fvia-C still needed?

Jason Dusek jason.dusek at gmail.com
Thu Sep 25 12:36:17 EDT 2008

  I understood the OP's closing remark -- "...why ghc still
  needs gcc (at least on Windows)?" -- as a suggestion that GHC
  on Windows would be better served by not bundling GCC.

  However, I'm probably not the only one who's written a little
  C to go along with a lot of Haskell -- and it's nice that the
  default Windows distribution supports that code (unlike some
  other type-inferring, statically typed, strongly typed
  languages, which ship with a little hole to fill in for the C
  compiler).

--
_jsn