ANNOUNCE: GHC 6.10.1 beta

Wei Hu weihu at cs.virginia.edu
Tue Sep 23 01:02:23 EDT 2008

Judah Jacobson <judah.jacobson <at> gmail.com> writes:

> Do you have the libedit-dev package installed?  If not, the editline
> backend may not have been built.  You can check whether it was built
> by running ghci from a command prompt and checking whether the arrow
> keys work.
>
> -Judah

I forgot to mention that I was running the binary package -- didn't bother to
build ghc from source. Because the binary package relies on libedit.so.0 and
Debian only comes with libedit2, I created a symbolic link for libedit.so.0
pointing to libedit.so.2. Could that be a problem for Emacs? But the libedit
backend works fine when running ghci from a command line.

Thanks,
Wei