ANNOUNCE: GHC 6.10.1 beta

Christian Maeder Christian.Maeder at dfki.de
Mon Sep 22 13:43:44 EDT 2008

Matthias Kilian wrote:
>> 2.
>> /bin/sh: test: argument expected
>> gmake[1]: *** [binary-dist] Error 1
>>
>> -e does not work for test under "sh", so I changed it to "-r":
>> ... if [ -r $$FILE ]; then ...
>
> I doubt `-e' doesn't work on Solaris, because `-e' is POSIX. Does
> this "argument expected" still appear with your fix to 1.?

It does not work on my system (SunOS 5.10 Generic_137112-07 i86pc):
 -bash-3.1$ sh
 $ test -e log
 test: argument expected
 $ exit
 -bash-3.1$ test -e log
(it works in the bash, though)

> Or use pax(1), which in contrast to tar(1) and gtar(1) is POSIX:
>
> 	pax -hwf $(BIN_DIST_TAR) < $(BIN_DIST_LIST)
>
> (also untested, but should work)

I don't know pax, but it is installed on our machines.

>> 5. When trying to install the binary distribution I got:
>>
>> Installing executable(s) in /local/home/maeder/bin
>> installPackage: dist-install/build/installPackage/installPackage:
>> copyFile: does not exist (No such file or directory)
>
> Maybe fallout from some of the above problems?

No, on an Intel Mac I got the same error (without the previous problems):

Installing executable(s) in /Users/Shared/maeder/bin
installPackage: dist-install/build/installPackage/installPackage:
copyFile: does not exist (No such file or directory)
make[2]: *** [install] Error 1
make[1]: *** [install.installPackage] Error 2
make: *** [install] Error 2

Thanks anyway
Christian