GHC 6.8.3's source is unusable?

Austin Seipp at
Mon Sep 22 00:14:20 EDT 2008

Excerpts from Magicloud Magiclouds's message of Sun Sep 21 21:19:00 -0500 2008:
> Hi,
>     I want to compile ghc on my office box, which does not have any
> binary ghc exist.

First, porting with an unregistered build is currently supported from
GHC 6.4 to GHC 6.6 - it does not work in 6.8 nor will it work in 6.10
(ghc is getting a new build system and other nice stuff so hopefully
it will be in 6.12.)

Try with something like

Of course, you must be able to build 6.4.2 on your host machine as
well - if you are using Linux this shouldn't be a problem.