Adding (some) libraries to a GHC tree

Jost Berthold berthold at Mathematik.Uni-Marburg.de
Wed Sep 17 09:48:43 EDT 2008

Mitchell, Neil wrote:
> Hi
>
> The paragraph in the new page is better than the old one, but it makes
> sense to have the information in only one place. When looking for the
> information "getting the sources" didn't occur to me as a description of
> how to get any extra libraries (although on reflection, I'm surprised I
> didn't try it).
>
> Thanks
>
> Neil

Hi everybody,

all of you are right! :) The information I have added should definitely be
close to where --extra is explained. However, the overlap is not that big:
"Getting more packages" talks about getting a 'package of packages', all
extras in one go. What I added is information about not getting
everything, but exactly the few lib.s which you miss.
(another question is, how many people would want that...)

As a result: I suggest my paragraph should be put right below the
explanation of darcs --extra, perhaps shortened accordingly.
The only reason I made it a (tiny) new page is that I saw the extra
section "contributed doc.", so I thought I should put my contribution here
to be moved into more "official" pages by other wiki maintainers (i.e.
Neil in this case) later.

Jost