Building GHC with time package

Mitchell, Neil neil.mitchell.2 at credit-suisse.com
Mon Sep 15 11:43:21 EDT 2008

Hi,

I want to build GHC HEAD with the time package. I figured out how to do
it by editing packages and removing the word extralibs, but that doesn't
seem to be the correct way.

I suspected I might be able to get time included by giving some
incantation to ./darcs-all, but I couldn't figure out what - commands
such as help and --help to darcs all were little use. What is the
correct way to add a library into the GHC build? If someone tells me
I'll add it to the wiki somewhere. I tried looking here:
http://hackage.haskell.org/trac/ghc/wiki/Building

Thanks

Neil