Making GHC work on BSD

Donn Cave donn at avvanta.com
Fri Sep 12 19:01:46 EDT 2008

Quoth "Philip Weaver" <philip.weaver at gmail.com>:
| On Fri, Sep 12, 2008 at 5:13 AM, Ian Lynagh <igloo at earth.li> wrote:
|> On Mon, Sep 08, 2008 at 10:08:27PM +0200, Thorkil Naur wrote:
|>>
|>> take the latest (7.0) FreeBSD and install that.
|>>
|>> So, it would be useful to know, which FreeBSD version would you prefer to use
|>> for this?
|>
|> I think that it's most important to get GHC working in the latest
|> version, so from your message it sounds like 7.0 is the way to go.
|
| I believe that a majority (or at least a plurality) of FreeBSD users are on
| 6.x still, as indicated by statistics on this page
|
| http://www.daemonology.net/portsnap/stats.html

Sure, bound to be.  It seems like it would be hard for GHC Central to
answer this question with more than a general guideline, without knowing
a lot about what FreeBSD is up to.  The FreeBSD port system lists
"haskell at freebsd.org" as the port maintainer.  Who's that?  Would that
be a good place to go to coordinate these efforts?

	Donn