*BSD GHC hackers needed...

Simon Marlow marlowsd at gmail.com
Tue Sep 2 08:37:27 EDT 2008

While perusing the tickets in the 6.10.1 milestone I spotted 3 that look to
be FreeBSD-specific:

2476	internal error: awaitEvent: descriptor out of range
2502	segfault with GHC.Handle.fdToHandle'
2511	unix package doesnt load in ghci on freebsd/amd64

It's unlikely that we'll get to these in time for 6.10.1.  Any FreeBSD
hackers out there want to take a look?  Help/advice is available as usual.

There's also one NetBSD-specific ticket:

2351	NetBSD defines ELF_ST_TYPE

(that one is easy), and one that I think applies to all the *BSDs:

2063	Breackage on OpenBSD due to mmap remap

(actually the latter one is a top priority, because without it GHCi can't
work, so we need it fixed for 6.10.1).