Can't compile GHC 6.8.2

Barney Stratford barney_stratford at
Tue Nov 25 09:32:30 EST 2008

> Do you have a link to something describing the problem?
This might be relevant: I don't know.

Further useful information. The problem doesn't manifest itself when
compiling GHC 6.6, so the question is what parts of the runtime system
changed in the meantime. The changes to rts/Linker.c are just
refactorings and addition of 64-bit support. The only other place I can
see where those things are mentioned is in rts/PrimOps.cmm.

In the meantime, I'll try using a later GCC and see if that helps
(assuming I can compile it!).