Can't compile GHC 6.8.2

Thorkil Naur naur at
Mon Nov 24 18:12:27 EST 2008

On Monday 24 November 2008 23:48, Barney Stratford wrote:
> > The heading seems to be: Your build is missing it's required GMP (GNU
> > Multiple Precision) library
> No, I have GMP installed, and it's correctly compiling against it. The
> issue isn't that these symbols are missing altogether, but rather that
> there's something wrong with them. It looks to me like it's identical to
> this bug afflicting 6.9:

Yes, you are right, I didn't address the real issue. Sorry, I don't really
know what to do about this.

> Cheers,
> Barney.

I notice, however, that the workaround for the issue that you referrred to
(#2262) was to remove a line saying -fvia-C. That would, in most
circumstances, be roughly the same as saying -fasm
I suggest that you look at
and in particular
for some inspiration.

Best regards