Linking to Haskell code from an external program

Simon Marlow marlowsd at
Mon Nov 24 07:15:23 EST 2008

Colin Paul Adams wrote:
>     Simon> It looks as if you are somehow failing to link your binary
>     Simon> with package 'base'. (Are you using 'ghc' as your linker;
>     Simon> you should be.)  But others are better than I at this kind
>     Simon> of stuff.
> I have base- specified.
> No, I am not using ghc as the linker. Since I am calling the Haskell
> routine from an Eiffel program, I don't see how I could do that with
> any sort of ease.

I think you'll have to post complete instructions to reproduce the problem
you're having; it's hard to piece it together from the information you've
given.  The problem will be in the details somewhere.