cross module optimization issues

John Lato jwlato at gmail.com
Sun Nov 23 09:46:50 EST 2008

On Sat, Nov 22, 2008 at 6:55 PM, Don Stewart <dons at galois.com> wrote:
> jwlato:
>
> Is this , since it is in IO code, a -fno-state-hack scenario?
> Simon  wrote recently about when and why -fno-state-hack would be
> needed, if you want to follow that up.
>
> -- Don

Unfortunately, -fno-state-hack doesn't seem to make much difference.
In any case, only the functions that actually do file IO are in the IO
monad; otherwise the functions  use a generic Monad constraint.
Although you have reminded me that I should make a non-IO test case.

For Neil, and anyone else interested in looking at this, I'll put the
code and build instructions up later today.  I've just been cleaning
up some test cases to make it easier to run.

John