ANNOUNCE: GHC version 6.10.1 - MacOS installer

Christian Maeder Christian.Maeder at dfki.de
Fri Nov 21 08:57:52 EST 2008

Jason Dagit wrote:
> But, I still think I did something wrong because the first thing I
> tried to build with 6.10 complained that -lgmp was not found.  I have
> checked, it's installed and I saw the ./configure script for the 6.10
> installation find it.

Actually I have the same problem. I need to set

 export LIBRARY_PATH=/opt/local/lib

when linking, because I've created the binary-dist with this setting.

Ideally, /opt/local/lib should also be listed under "library-dirs:" for

  ghc-pkg describe rts

Alternatively, you can copy /opt/local/lib/libgmp.a into ghc's libdir
<prefiy>/lib/ghc-6.10.1/, with the additional "benefit" that gmp is
statically linked into your binary (for platforms without
/opt/local/lib/libgmp.dylib)

Cheers Christian