mmap() returned memory outside 2Gb - GHC on ubuntu hardy amd64

Simon Marlow marlowsd at gmail.com
Fri Nov 14 12:01:38 EST 2008

Rahul Kapoor wrote:
>> Are you running under Xen by any chance?
> Yes I am. This is on a SliceHost instance.
>
> Is there a tentative release date for 6.10.2?

About 3 months after the 6.10.1 release was the tentative plan.

Is anyone with access to a Xen instance able to work on this bug?  It would
need a hack similar to the one required for

namely picking an area of the address space to try to mmap() from.

(of course, ideally the Xen folks would fix their kernel to respect
MAP_32BIT...)