ANNOUNCE: GHC 6.8.3 Release Candidate

Ian Lynagh igloo at
Wed May 28 11:20:33 EDT 2008

We are pleased to announce the Release Candidate phase for GHC 6.8.3.

    Snapshots beginning with are release candidates for 6.8.3

You can download snapshots from here:

Right now we have the source bundles:

Only the first of these is necessary. The "extralibs" package contains
various extra packages that are often supplied with GHC - unpack the
extralibs tarball on top of the source tree to add them, and they will
be included in the build automatically.

There is also currently an installer for i386/Windows and binary
distributions for x86_64/Linux and i386/Linux. More may appear later.

Please test as much as possible; bugs are much cheaper if we find them
before the release!

We expect to release in a few days, assuming no major issues are

Ian, on behalf of the GHC team