How do I check the optimisation level of the built-in splitAt? Is something other than -O2 giving me my speed increase?

Richard Kelsall r.kelsall at
Thu May 15 09:13:32 EDT 2008

Bulat Ziganshin wrote:
> Hello Simon,
>> It's hard to tell what optimisation level your libraries were compiled
>> with.  The default setting is -O, but when building binary distributions we
>> usually set it explicitly to -O2.  If you got your binary from another
>> source, they might have only used -O.
> not surprising that noone answered this question in cafe :)
> actually, main Windows builds goes from Sigbjorn Finne afair. may be
> from Neil too. so we probably need to warn them that their builds may
> be sub-optimal?

Thanks chaps,

For the record I'm using the Windows version of GHC 6.8.2 downloaded
from here

MD5 is

I just downloaded the one that's there currently and it's the same as
the one I'm using which I think I downloaded in January.