building against gmp in a nonstandard location

Ian Lynagh igloo at earth.li
Fri Mar 28 10:43:14 EDT 2008

On Fri, Mar 21, 2008 at 01:44:37AM -0400, Paul Jarc wrote:

> There are no --with-* flags for ncurses, so the only ways I can see to
> say where ncurses is are the ones I'm already using, and which are
> apparently insufficient - $CPPFLAGS/$LDFLAGS in the environment, and
> SRC_HC_OPTS/SRC_HSC2HC_OPTS/SRC_CC_OPTS/GHC_CC_OPTS in mk/build.mk.

I think the right thing to do is to add --with-* flags for
(n)curses/termcap; the alternative would be to put the whole of $LDFLAGS
into the Cabal buildinfo, but that feels wrong to me.

We should probably also be undefining variables like LDFLAGS in
configure, as the autoconf macros will be using them to check if
libraries exist, but we don't use them when compiling.

Thanks
Ian