Type checking of partial programs

ac quuxman at gmail.com
Thu Mar 20 16:07:55 EDT 2008

Is anybody interested in working on this? This is a project I've been
interested in for some time, but recognize I probably need some guidance
before I go off and start hacking on it. As dcoutts pointed out on
#haskell-soc, this may be of particular interest to people working on yi and
HaRe. Other interesting and related projects include parsing partial
programs to insert "placeholders" in appropriate places. An example of a
partial program could be:

foo :: [Foo] -> <placeholder 1>
foo xs = map <placeholder 2> xs

What are the possible type signatures for placeholder 1 and the possible
expressions for placeholder 2?

I would like to stir up a discussion about this, and eventually write some
useful code.

     -Abram