Expected behavior of "deriving Ord"?

Conal Elliott conal at conal.net
Thu Mar 20 13:28:26 EDT 2008

AddBounds makes total orders from total orders.  It just adds new least and
greatest elements.

The problem with the derived instance is that it doesn't exploit the
potential laziness of min on 'a'.  Because of their types, min it can
produce partial info from partial info and (<=) and compares cannot.

  - Conal