scope of header files

John Meacham john at repetae.net
Wed Mar 12 13:43:56 EDT 2008

On Tue, Mar 11, 2008 at 02:47:37PM -0700, Simon Marlow wrote:
> Yeah, I'd like -fvia-C to be headerless.  We talked about it a while back
> (on the haskell-prime list I think).  The main issue is that GHC would have
> to generate prototypes based on the FFI declaration, and since it can't
> guarantee to generate a prototype that is exactly the same as the C
> prototype given in the header file (e.g. it doesn't know about const), we
> would have to ensure that there really are no other prototypes in scope, to
> prevent errors from the C compiler.

I was thinking that you just wouldn't include any extra c headers at all
then, just write out the appropriate c code to call with the conventions
specified in the ffi import specification and you won't need external
headers at all so there isn't anything to conflict with.

        John

--
John Meacham - ⑆repetae.net⑆john⑈