Release plans

Neil Mitchell ndmitchell at gmail.com
Sun Mar 9 19:32:10 EDT 2008

Hi

>  First, we intend to release the next version of GHC from the current
>  stable branch, 6.8.3, around the end of May 2008. This will probably be
>  the last release from this branch.

Is it possible to include the cabal-install tool with this release, in
the Windows installer?

The cabal-install tool provides very useful functionality, and is
currently rather tricky to install. If cabal-install was already
installed, then installing cabal-install would be trivial (note how
cabal-install causes a mental black hole).

Thanks

Neil