*BSD support in 6.8.3

Donn Cave donn at avvanta.com
Sat Jun 7 13:09:57 EDT 2008

On Sat, 07 Jun 2008 05:14:02 +0100
Simon Marlow <marlowsd at gmail.com> wrote:

> Donn Cave wrote:
> > On Thu, 5 Jun 2008 09:23:36 -0700
> > Donn Cave <donn at avvanta.com> wrote:
> >
> >> ... It looks like, in base anyway, this actually goes in a .h file,
> >> to a pattern like
> >
> > ... ah, never mind that, I see those wrappers are not the sort I need.
>
> Yes, those are the kind of wrappers I mean.  For example, base has a
> wrapper for lseek() (__hsccore_lseek()) for exactly the same reason.

Thanks, I submitted one of those yesterday (unsetenv, where the type
of the function has changed in POSIX.1 from the older spec that GHC
follows.)  I've done the rest of them too, but since this is a general
platform issue, I wanted to get some input from the NetBSD package
maintainer, who is interested in the issue but I believe is off at
some conference.  Other renamed functions, in NetBSD 4.0, are
sigprocmask, opendir, socket, times, sigpending, and sigsuspend.

--
Donn Cave <donn at avvanta.com>