ANNOUNCE: GHC 6.8.3 Release Candidate - MacOS X (Intel/Leopard) installer, updated!

Manuel M T Chakravarty chak at cse.unsw.edu.au
Wed Jun 4 00:52:41 EDT 2008

Here is an updated release candidate for the MacOS X installer for
Intel/Leopard:

   http://www.cse.unsw.edu.au/~chak/haskell/GHC-6.8.2.20080604-i386.pkg

It includes readline support statically linked.  Unless we receive any
bug reports, these are basically the bits you'll get for the 6.8.3
release.  So, please test it thoroughly.

Manuel

PS: I am not very hopeful about having a 10.4 (Tiger) version of the
installer for 6.8.3.  I am currently missing a method to identify the
symbols in an executable that lead to the "bus error" (invariably at
_calloc_initialize) that signals an attempt to execute a Leopard
binary on Tiger.  If any Mac guru here knows how to identify these
symbols, let me know.  (I know about DYLD_PRINT_BINDINGS and friends,
but that didn't help me so far.)  Alternatively, grab <http://www.cse.unsw.edu.au/~chak/haskell/GHC-6.9.20080526-i386.dmg
 > -my currently best effort at cross-compiling for 10.4- and tell me
why it won't run on Tiger.

Manuel M T Chakravarty: