Generalized phase control for GHC

Max Bolingbroke batterseapower at hotmail.com
Mon Jul 7 16:52:50 EDT 2008

>> Also, why do you want phase aliases?
>
> I don't quite see how to achieve this without aliases. This
> will be even more of a problem once I add additional fusion layers.

I've added phase equality to the implementation. It seems like a nice
clean extension.

Since this lets you add constraints to existing phases (given that the
module defining the phase alias that accomplishes this is directly or
indirectly imported into every affected module) I'm going to hold off
on the "class/instance" style. Although it might be nice, it's rather
complicated, and we can retrofit it at a later date if it turns out to
be essential.

Cheers,
Max