Using

Mads Lindstrøm mads_lindstroem at yahoo.dk
Thu Jan 31 11:02:32 EST 2008

Mads Lindstrøm <mads_lindstroem <at> yahoo.dk> writes:

> So is it only possible to load home-grown/non-standard modules when also
> doing a
> regular import?

Here I really mean: So is it only possible to load
home-grown/non-standard modules _without_ also doing a regular import?

I could also pose my question differently as: If I remove this line in
Interactive-6.8.hs:

  import MyPrelude

then how would I change Interactive-6.8.hs and/or MyPrelude.hs, so
that it was still possible to use the functions in MyPrelude.hs. It
seems to me that the import should not be necessary. If it is
necessary, then how is one to make use of modules not know at
compile-time (of Interactive-6.8.hs or similar)?

Note that Interactive-6.8.hs compiles and starts without trouble, even
though "import MyPrelude" is removed. The trouble only arises when
runStmt calls the functions inside of MyPrelude.

For those who cares, I have tested my code on both GHC 6.8.1 and
6.8.2. Also I am using Debian Linux.

Greetings,

Mads Lindstrøm