[Haskell-cafe] Internships at GHC HQ

Tim Chevalier catamorphism at gmail.com
Fri Jan 25 15:43:12 EST 2008

On 1/25/08, Dan Licata <drl at cs.cmu.edu> wrote:
> A further plug:
>
> I did an internship with Simon PJ last summer (implementing view
> patterns in GHC, among other things), and this is a great opportunity if
> you're interested in PL research.  There is a lot of interesting work
> going on at MSR Cambridge, the atmosphere is very friendly, and
> Cambridge is a lovely place to spend a summer.
>
> If anyone wants an "intern's-eye" view of the experience, feel free to
> e-mail me!

I second most parts of this (including the "feel free to email me
part").  I hear that the summer is busiest with respect to interns,
but those who can arrange it with their graduate programs ought to
consider applying for an internship during the school year. I don't
know what things are like now, but I found that there were plenty of
other interns around to keep me company even during the fall, and
Cambridge is a lovely place to spend an autumn as well.

Cheers,
Tim

--
Tim Chevalier * http://cs.pdx.edu/~tjc * Often in error, never in doubt
"The more you talk, the more I get / a sense of something that hasn't