FilePath causes problems (was: 'backslash' build problems on windows)

Neil Mitchell ndmitchell at gmail.com
Tue Jan 15 19:33:47 EST 2008

Hi

>     this (among other things) changes compiler messages:
>       -[1 of 4] Compiling OverA            ( OverA.hs, OverA.o )
>       -[2 of 4] Compiling OverB            ( OverB.hs, OverB.o )
>       -[3 of 4] Compiling OverC            ( OverC.hs, OverC.o )
>       +[1 of 4] Compiling OverA            ( .\OverA.hs, .\OverA.o )
>       +[2 of 4] Compiling OverB            ( .\OverB.hs, .\OverB.o )
>       +[3 of 4] Compiling OverC            ( .\OverC.hs, .\OverC.o )

Before displaying a FilePath, it is advisable to call normalise on it,
which will attempt to reformat it in a manner more pleasing to a
human. This will fix that bug.

> 2. a backslash is used on windows instead of a slash. Some things explicitly
> exect a slash to be used on windows as well:

I recommend a "reslash" command, invoked just before each of these
actions.  This way its explicitly clear exactly where slash directions
matters.

Thanks

Neil