Any Debian Etch packages for GHC 6.8.2?

Ian Lynagh igloo at
Fri Jan 11 12:32:42 EST 2008

On Fri, Jan 11, 2008 at 06:07:35PM +0100, Ferenc Wagner wrote:
> Ian Lynagh <igloo at> writes:
> > On Tue, Jan 08, 2008 at 11:23:59AM +0100, Wagner Ferenc wrote:
> >
> >> Ian uploaded 6.8.2 the day before yesterday...  Maybe when he's
> >> finished with this work, a rebuild on Etch won't be too difficult.
> >
> > I do plan to do this at some point, but it's not imminent I'm afraid.
> Maybe I can lend you a hand if you describe the plan.  I've got some
> packaging experience, but not with beasts of this complexity.

I don't think the packaging should need to be changed much, if at all.
The problem is just to rebuild all the packages in the right order. This
message has a little more detail, and links to the script I use to do
the "build in the right order" part for the libraries (for
unstable/amd64, with pbuilder):

Either the script would have to be generalised, or an alternative would
have to be used (perhaps the software used by Debian's buildds?).