odd GHC 6.8.2 compile failure

Isaac Dupree isaacdupree at charter.net
Fri Jan 4 09:24:36 EST 2008

Simon Marlow wrote:
> Note however that if you install this compiler, the packages in your
> home directory won't work any more, because they were compiled by
> another instance of 6.8.2

true, but doesn't 6.8.2 itself have the same ABI as any other 6.8.2, not
counting packages?

> against a different set of packages.

hmm.  different versions?  I think it might work out since I installed
everything locally, if I just install the versions of the extra-libs
that came with the 6.8.2 bindist...

Or do I have too great hopes in the reproducibility of ghc compilations?

(Not that I have any reason to try that.  I would probably just pull
from the 6.8-darcs-branch to get your patch (and other post-6.8.2 fixes)
and recompile everything anyway.)

~Isaac