ghc-6.8.1 on WinXP: windres: can't open font file `for'

Simon Marlow simonmarhaskell at
Wed Feb 20 10:06:20 EST 2008

Bayley, Alistair wrote:
>> From: Neil Mitchell [mailto:ndmitchell at]
>>>  Bummer. I was hoping to be able to use 6.8.1 with gtk2hs
>> (AFAIUI, gtk2hs
>>>  doesn't work with/hasn't been compiled against 6.8.2 yet).
>> Is there a
>>>  workaround or something I can tweak in my 6.8.1 installation?
>> It's much easier to gently prod Duncan until he gives in and releases
>> a new gtk2hs version.
> Maybe... the fact that I don't have this problem with 6.8.1 on my laptop
> implies that there *might* be something external to ghc that I can
> change that would fix it.

I assume the bug you're encountering is this one:

in which case the workaround is not to install GHC to a patch containing

If it's not that bug, then we'll have to investigate further.