ghci and ghc -threaded broken with pipes & forking

Brian B phunge0 at
Mon Dec 8 11:35:47 EST 2008

Hi Bulat,

My contribution to the survey: I've used forkProcess to daemonize
a ghc program inside the haskell fuse bindings:

If removing the non-threaded RTS would break forkProcess entirely,
these bindings would have to do something different. The issue: users
of the FUSE C api will get daemonized using daemon(2); it'd be
nice if GHC fuse programs could behave similarly.

Brian Bloniarz