Platforms that GHC supports

Simon Peyton-Jones simonpj at microsoft.com
Mon Dec 1 07:19:47 EST 2008

Friends

Lots of the bug reports on the GHC bug tracker are platform-specific.  We thought it'd help for us to articulate more clearly what platforms GHC supports, and what we'd like it to support.  Look here:

        http://hackage.haskell.org/trac/ghc/wiki/Platforms

What you'll notice is that we (GHC HQ) only guarantee to support a fairly narrow range of "Tier 1" platforms, albeit ones that cover a large fraction of our users.

There's a much longer list of "Tier 2" platforms, that we'd love to have working, and know of no reason they can't work, but for which we need your help.  We are actively looking for sponsors for Tier 2 platforms.  If you think you could help, please let us know.

Thanks.

Simon & Simon